"Cast your fears on God and he will sustain you..." (Psalm 55:22)

"For nothing is impossible with God" (Luke 1:37)

Sunday, March 21, 2010

FET 1dp5dt

Our snow baby (the blastocyst) survived the thawing and was successfully transferred to mama's uterus. Up until minutes before the retrieval we had no idea whether he/she had survived. Our clinic offers Assisted Hatching which we opted not to do given that potential disadvantages include congenital defects (conjoined twins, missing limbs etc.) and only increases the odds of implantation by 5%. Our RE didn't think this embryo would survive to blastocyst stage as it was only an 8 cell grade 3 embryo but it did and so we have hope that our little boy or girl will continue to be a fighter.

Apart from an acupuncture treatment after the transfer, I did little else. Hubby made yet another delicious breakfast. At the end of my acupuncture session the acupuncturist suggested that i eat a lot of walnuts and grapes. Well hubby took that quite seriously and immediately went and bought 2 large packets of walnuts and bulging bag of grapes. I had walnuts in my scrambled eggs...enough said :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I got your comment, thanks so much! I'm so excited for you! YES, we did do assisted hatching. It is protocol for our RE. It's supposed to have a higher success rate. Last time we transferred 2 8-cell embies and this time we transferred 1 8-cell and 1-7 cell, both with assisted hatching. We did a 3 day. A 5 day has a higher success rate. Good luck, I'll be following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention that my embryos were all high grade so the risk associated with assisted hatching is very low my case.

    ReplyDelete