"Cast your fears on God and he will sustain you..." (Psalm 55:22)

"For nothing is impossible with God" (Luke 1:37)

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

International Women Rights Day

According to an article in the Globe and Mail, "the war has been won and women in the west have no reason to gripe". The author notes and I quote "women with the same work experience as men generally make the same money as men".

Though I disagree with the overall conclusions reached by the author, I must concur that today as women living in the West, we do have a lot more freedoms and opportunities. Much more than the Darfur refugee, the Haitian mother, the Afghan woman suffering from spousal domination, the Ethiopian girl; a mother much too early.

Today my struggles seem minor compared to these women and girls. Tonight I will have a delicious organic meal, sleep in a warm bed, rise in the morning and go to my "well-paying" (could be better :-)) job, laugh with my friends and family but I will not forget their struggles and I will remember them in my prayers.

To the Women of the World, Congratulations on your achievements, no matter how big or small!!


No comments:

Post a Comment