"Cast your fears on God and he will sustain you..." (Psalm 55:22)

"For nothing is impossible with God" (Luke 1:37)

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

IVF #2

It's been awhile since I wrote on the blog in part due to work overload and in part to not having the inspiration to write it all down. A lot has happened in the last few months. We had a lovely vacation in Newfoundland and look forward to our next visit there. On our return, we launched into what is now IVF #2. All the old emotions have surfaces; fear, excitement, trepidation...
This cycle my RE decided to try another protocol which included using Bravelle and Menopur. All in all the medication was easier on my body and I had few side effects or felt any extreme bloating until the last few days.

The Retrieval was as expected quite uncomfortable and I have a vague memory of moaning for "more drugs" which I think they were reluctant to provide given that I was extremely ill after the last retrieval. Despite less medication, I did have quite a bit of nausea and some vomiting. For the remainder of the day, I slept and later went to my MIL's for dinner, all the while pretending that everything is copacetic. Only 9 eggs were retrieved despite a good early showing of 15 follicles. I was quite disappointed and extremely nervous as to what the fertilization report would yield. Indeed it was not good and I am already feeling discouraged as to the outcome of this cycle. To date we have 2 embryos and that number sadly will not improve but could in all likelihood decrease. Transfer is set for Friday and I pray that we will have 2 very strong and healthy embryos to transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment