"Cast your fears on God and he will sustain you..." (Psalm 55:22)

"For nothing is impossible with God" (Luke 1:37)

Friday, June 11, 2010

FIFA 2010

As a woman of West Indian birth and descent, somewhere in my ancestry there were African slaves and today as I watched the FIFA opening ceremony, my eyes welled up with tears of joy for the people of that country, tears of hope for all the people of that country. The smiles on their faces were so bright and full of joy, I am going to channel that hope and joy for our next cycle and tell myself that we can do this. In some ways I am afraid to admit how emotionally draining this experience has been…my soul and spirit has been truly broken but in the words of Maya Angelo “I Rise” and I wil continue to RISE and I will be a mother. God does not give us more than we can bear and I trust that like Hannah and Sarah, I too will bear fruit in my “old age”.

No comments:

Post a Comment