"Cast your fears on God and he will sustain you..." (Psalm 55:22)

"For nothing is impossible with God" (Luke 1:37)

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day


This day is bittersweet for me. On one hand I want to celebrate all the amazing mothers who are a part of my life (and I did) but it is also a stark reminder of the fact that DH and I are still childless.

The day was less difficult than I thought it would be...Started off with a delicious and healthy breakfast prepared by DH. Toast, Scrambled eggs with ham, mushrooms, broccoli and peppers, Oatmeal, Smoothie and a cup of tea...he has definitely earned himself some good points for a rainy day :-)

My Mum and Aunt both made a point of also celebrating me as a mum... which really touched me and made me shed a tear. On days like today, my heart aches for the baby that I grew to love but never got to know. He would have been 10 this year and probably making me breakfast or not :)

My family has been very supportive during this journey and it has made living with infertility much more bearable..our babies when we do have them will be very loved and very LUCKY.

To all my fellow fertility-challenged, may we all be celebrating Mother's Day next year but until then hang in there and stay positive!!


No comments:

Post a Comment